Wholewheat Orzo Pasta with Tomato and Basil
An easy and delicious recipe, without any meat!
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 c. garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. brown crystal sugar
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. red sweet pepper (paprika)
- 500 gr. barley, wholewheat
- 1200 gr. water
- 500 gr. Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. basil
How to make it:
- Put a saucepan on high heat and add the olive oil.
- Cut the onion into large pieces, the carrots into cubes, and put them in the pot.
- Finely chop the garlic, cut the pepper into small cubes, and put them in the pot. Add the sugar and sauté for 2-3 minutes to caramelize your vegetables.
- Add the turmeric, paprika, barley, and sauté well.
- Add salt, pepper, water, tomato, and simmer on low heat for 13-15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve with your favorite cheese.