- 500 grams of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 vanillin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Half a teaspoon grated cloves
- 300 grams of tahini
- 260 grams of fructose
- 620 ml (2.5 cups) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 25 grams of blonde raisins
- 25 grams of black raisins
- 50 g coarsely chopped walnuts for sprinkling
How to make the tahinopita:
- Put the flour, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium bowl and mix until the ingredients are mixed.
- In a large bowl put the tahini, fructose, orange juice and brandy. Mix well with a hand whisk and then add the flour mixture into the tahini mixture. Stir gently with a spoon until the two mixtures are mixed and add the raisins and walnut kernels, mixing gently so that they go everywhere.
- Put the mixture in a rectangular buttered pan 30 × 35 cm and bake in a preheated oven at 180oC for 40-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and cut the tahini pie into pieces after it has cooled.