- 500 g Lentils thin or thick
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 granules of allspice (pimento)
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste or a little bit of freshly grated tomato
- Olive oil
How to make lentil soup
- Chop the onion and garlic. Rinse the lentils and strain them. Cut the potatoes into squares.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil. Save the potato, onion, and garlic. Add the pelt or tomato, lentils, and spices.
- Add boiling water to cover the lentils.
- Boil for about 40 minutes, stirring regularly until your lentils are cooked and together.