A favorite legume and a simple recipe!
- 500 gr. chickpeas, soaked in water overnight
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 carrot, peeled and whole
- 120 ml olive oil
- Sweet Paprika
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a deep saucepan with the bay leaf and 2 liters of water. Boil on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, the carrot, half the olive oil and lower the heat.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until soft.
- Add salt and pepper, stir and remove from the heat.
- Take a spoonful of chickpeas from the pot and empty it into the food processor. Add the carrot from the pot, the rest of the olive oil and beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pot, stir and serve.
What is your favorite recipe, with chickpeas? Tell us if you enjoyed ours!