Vasilopita (New Years' Cake)
With a few simple ingredients and delicious!
- 500 gr. self-raising flour of
- 250 gr. butter or margarine
- 400 gr. Brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- Grate 1 orange
- 20 gr. cognac
- 200 ml insoluble evaporated milk
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Beat the butter in the mixer bowl and gradually add the sugar, eggs, orange zest, milk, and brandy.
- At the end add the sifted flour and beat for another 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured pan with a diameter of 30-32 cm and bake at 160-170 ° C depending on the oven (on the middle grill).