- 1 cup Sunflower oil
- 2 cups of semolina (1 cup of fine semolina and 1 cup of thick semolina)
- 3 cups of brown sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks and a few slices of orange or lemon (for the syrup)
- Some Raisins
- Raw almonds or any other dried fruits and nuts you prefer
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling
How to make the Greek halva
- To make the syrup, boil the water with the brown sugar and lemon peel for 5 minutes.
- Roast the almonds and semolina in the oil. Stir constantly until the semolina is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the hot syrup and raisins.
- Stir well and simmer until the mixture thickens a little. Remove the pan from the heat and cover with a towel until the syrup is completely absorbed.
- Put the halva in a form, until it cools down.
- When it cools, take it out of the form and sprinkle with cinnamon, decorate with some almonds and raisins.