A recipe of classic Greek cookies that everyone loves! Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee. Oh and no sugar, no guilt!
- 175 gr margarine
- 180 gr fructose
- 1 vanillin
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 500 gr of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with water for coating
- Sift the flour with the baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the margarine with the fructose in the mixer until the mixture is "fluffy" and smooth.
- Mix the milk, the egg, the yolk, the vanillin and the orange zest with a fork. Gradually add the mixture to the fructose mixture in the mixer and continue whisking.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the flour mixture, stirring gently, until the dough is fluffy and one-piece.
- Wrap the dough with a saran wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Shape the cookies and place them in a pan covered with baking paper. Spread with the water mixed egg yolk and bake at 180°C for 15 - 20 minutes.